Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Candido Requena bongoes hecho en Cuba '50-'55

These were made in Cuba, by Candido Requena
sometime between 1950 and 1955.
I've had them for about eight years and I
sent them to Matt Smith to have them
refinished and to have a crack repaired.
I got them back last week.
Matt did a great job, as I knew he would.

"Before and after" photos:


This is how they look now after being refinished,
re-stained, crack repaired, new center post,
new bolts and back up plates.
The hardware is the original except for the lugs.
I put new skins on.
6½ Macho 7½ Hembra


2 comments:

leloconga said...

Matt is a true artist your bongo came out great My brother want's to send our Father's 1960 Gon Bop quinto to get restored

Fidels Eyeglasses said...

Send it to to Matt... you'll be amazed to see it when it comes back!
Be prepared to wait several months though. It will definitely be worth the wait.

a>