Saturday, May 31, 2008

Jesús Peréz y Sus Tambores Bata - '56-'57 - Cuba

Five songs featuring Jesús Peréz and his Batá group.

Recorded back when Batá still had that bit of mystery in the way they sounded, especially the beautiful sound of the Enú on the Iyá, unlike these days the way they are tuned way to high.

1. Yeyé..Oh..Oh Guama 
(With Celia Cruz Live Radio Progresso Cuba 1957)
2. Changó Y Loro
(With Celia Cruz Live Radio Progresso Cuba 1957)

3. Elegu
á-Inkio
 Comp: 'Eduardo Davidson'
(Studio recording with Gina Martin Cuba 1956)

4. Ochun Del Cobre 
Comp: 'Eduardo Davidson'
(Studio recording with Gina Martin Cuba 1956)

5. La Fiestona
(Studio recording with Gina Martin Cuba 1956)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark

Thank you for your comments on my CFN blog.
Have to translate it all to spanish some day, cos many cuban masters of that era liked it.

Your blog is fantastic. I recommended it to many people in France, like my students. But people don't like to leave messages - too lazy and/or to selfish.

Is there any chance that you could publish more parts of the CFN records and the abakuá LP?

Your collection seem to have no limit.
You may find my e-mail on the CFN blog.
Maybe we could share things. I have some CFN rehearsals in cd you may like in exchange.

I will write an article about your blog on both echuaye and rumberosdelahistoria blogs.
I tried many times to publish songs like you do with the divshare, but it never worked - maybe I don't use it the cortect way.

I know it's a long work to do that.

Thank you many times!!

Patricio

a>